Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

Default Worst band Names

On Wednesday, April 29, 2015 at 7:45:04 AM UTC-4, Mike Rivers wrote:
On Tuesday, April 28, 2015 at 9:50:59 PM UTC-4, JackA wrote:

Bought a Sony (3) CD budget set at a Target store. It included the song, Turn Down Day. I played it, sounded pretty good, but then I suddenly STOPPED the CD player, replayed a portion, something was odd!! I nailed it down to a previously edited drum riff (I call it)[some refer to it as underdubbing - not including what was recorded], that I agree, didn't "fit" well, but when they remixed the session tapes, they (accidentally?) left it in!!

Maybe some day you'll learn to listen to music for the sake of the music.

Mike, really, stick to what you do best, and leave me to studio chat and HQ reproduction and research to me. I don't "believe" until I "know".

Now, you remember this song (below). This rendition appeared on an EMI Legendary Masters CD. I'm sure those who were involved bringing it to life wished for stereo. And, to pour salt on a wound, The Exciters (girl group), their (prior) rendition of this song (also on Legendary Masters) surfaced in mono, but others privately offered me a stereo mix. I wonder how all this happens?

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...dowahdiddy.mp3

Thanks.

Oh, and, peace.

Jack

It seems that most of your comments here are to point out things that you believe are flaws in the recording or production.