Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

Default Recording system for student

david correia wrote:

In article ,
"John O" wrote:

Not sure of a better group for this question, if there is one point me at
it...

My son has been making multitrack recordings, playing all the instruments
himself. He's using the sound card built into an Intel mobo, Audacity,
quadraverb, a pile of cable adapters and an old EV ND-467. I know, you're
all wincing and cringing. Actually, the recording are not too bad for just
messing around and sharing with his friends.

He's good at this, so I'd like to get him a basic system that will sound
better and be easier for multitrack recording. Budget isn't big, maybe $300.
There must be something reasonable in that range, right?

-John O

How about $50 more?

I'd suggest the Academic version of the Digidesign Mbox2. $350 for a
hardware interface, mic pre's, midi, virtual instruments, Pro Tools
software and a large bunch of nice plugs.

http://www.swee****er.com/store/detail/Mbox2Edu/

Your local dealer can also sell you the Academic version.

Seems like that'd be an excellent choice for a kid who is that serious
about it.

--
ha
shut up and play your guitar