B&D

Default Steely Dan The Absolute Sound

On 7/18/04 10:29 AM, in article , "chung"
wrote:

And I
thought that the whole point of measurements was to show objectively how
a product perform so as to help the potential customer evaluate...

I think it ought to be. I think there is some use for smoe measurements for
audiophiles such as me. Matching equipment can be made easier via
measurements.
I'm still going to make my final decisions based on listening though.

Even when the measurements clearly tell you how bad it is?

The issue here is the listener was unable to recognize that is sounded as
bad as the measurements would indicate, IIRC.