Harry Lavo

Default Steely Dan The Absolute Sound

"Michael McKelvy" wrote in message
"B&D" wrote in message
news:QQkJc.92602$Oq2.45040@attbi_s52...
On 7/14/04 6:33 PM, in article , "Michael
McKelvy" wrote:

Do you know how preposterous that sounds? I have been in and around

this
game since the late sixties, and I've yet to hear ANY well set-up
table/arm/cart - like the Music Hall MMF-2.1 for instance - "blown

away"
by
any similarly priced digital front end.

Then it seems you have a preference for that type of sound. LP

compared
CD is objectively inferior in terms of distortion, compression, signal

noise, and all other technical specs related to fidelity.

All other specs? Really? *ALL* of them?

The important ones AFAIK. The fact is still that in terms of objective
performance CD stomps all over LP. It is higher fi.

Unfortunately, our beings our designed so that we do not listen
"objectively". All we can do is listen "subjectively". And on that basis,
there are many who believe a top-flight LP system can outperform a
top-flight CD system.