Posted to rec.audio.tubes
[email protected] tubegarden@aol.com is offline

Default Teflon Film Tin Foil capacitors

Hi RATs!

Oh, um, yes, I have some bananas ... I had not posted for a year or so.
Time flies when you get lost in the instant future Internet Waltz

Now using Google Groupies - seems much too cool for an old geek like
me.

Now Playing in the Audio Dungeon:

80 Hz ehorns with Lambda 15" "Get Out of Khrma Free" and 4.25 mH choke.

Sony 400 DVD changer - factory stock, except for the weird discs in the
rack.

KEF Coda 9.2 Ubid specials. Basically, New Old Stock. Cartons are a bit
weathered, but the music is quite something. These cost less than the
new caps

Amp is Ella, from diyhifisupply.com in Hong Kong. I have changed the
tubes. I converted it to triode mode. I snipped the NFB loop. I put an
SS diode between each output plate and screen stopper. Cathode toward
screen.

Then, yesterday, the tftf caps arrived in their silk and mink shipping
booties and I soldered them in after snipping the 0.22uF Obbligato
Copper out of the circuit.

I awoke to Music a bit louder than usual. I think the new caps are
breaking in, or the Music is beaking out ...

Still sound OK ...

Happy Ears!
Al

PS OK, OK, not really silk and mink booties, just wrapped in sticky
bubble wrap in a big box of foam pellets ...

Ian Iveson wrote:
Hi Al,

Missed your updates. What else is in your circuit these days?

cheers, Ian