Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Audio Empire Audio Empire is offline

Default Records again

On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 14:28:07 -0700, bob wrote
(in article ):

On Aug 29, 4:50=A0pm, Audio Empire wrote:

That's not hearing acuity, it's attitude; prejudice, actually. It's the
MUSIC, man, not the media.

No, if you get more extended pleasure listening to vinyl than to
digital, that's the MEDIA.

You misunderstand me. I'm not addressing my pleasure at listening to vinyl
with that comment, I'm addressing Mr. Kruger's comment that he cannot get
pleasure from anything other than digital. You see, if the music is good, I
get pleasure from either. I was merely stating a phenomenon in which vinyl
seems to ENGAGE me more than digital does. It doesn't mean that I can't (or
don't) listen to digital.

Personally, I find the music to be what engages me. Somebody who tells
me they find one medium less fatiguing than the other is concentrating
on the wrong thing, methinks.

If digital is more fatiguing to listen to than is vinyl, then it's a very
subconscious thing. I don't find myself thinking "Bah, this CD is fatiguing
to listen to, I'm going to go do something else." However I have noticed
that I'm more apt to listen to vinyl into the wee hours, than I am to have
such an extended listening session with digital. Since it's not something
that I consciously notice while listening, I have yet to ascertain if this
phenomenon is restricted only to Redbook CD or whether it also applies to
SACD, 24/96 or 192 DVD-A or high resolution downloads as well.