Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Greg Wormald Greg Wormald is offline

Default Records again

Yes.

I also find that I like the LPs louder, and will listen at concert level
volumes. I notice that I will often will turn the CD down until it
becomes background music, and it's like I get 'tired' with listening.

This has happened less often since I went to the H/K HD970 CD player but
it still happens.

BTW, I listen to the exact opposite sort of music that I understand you
do. I prefer rock, jazz and blues, and **love** good electric guitar. I
find most classical music bores me to sleep. :-)

Greg

In article ,
Audio Empire wrote:

Has anyone else here noticed/experienced this? When I listen to CDs, I
usually listen to a couple, then turn the stereo off and go do something else
(like work on the restoration of my Alfa Romeo GTV-6) . But when I listen to
vinyl, I find myself caught-up in the listening. One record leads to another
and then another. If I had a dollar for every time I've stayed-up almost all
night listening to records, I could easily pay for that $10,000 paint job I
want for my Alfa!

There seems to be something compelling about listening to records that CD
can't match (at least for me). I don't know what it is. I like digital, hell,
I record digitally and get very realistic sounding results. I have read
articles by audio writers who have expressed experiencing this phenomenon as
well, but I'm just wondering if anyone on this forum has had similar
experiences?