Posted to rec.audio.pro
JBI JBI is offline

Default stopping "pop" in new set up?

On 03/11/2018 09:23 AM, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 3/11/2018 5:25 AM, geoff wrote:
Yep - it is standard audio procedure. Powered speakers (or amp) turns
on last, and off first. Else you are likely to get damaging pops
through the system. Any system.

Turn-on pops are annoying, but they're rarely damaging unless something
is really wrong or you've done something really careless. Still, it's
not difficult to avoid them by establishing a good habit, so it's a good
idea to do so.

Good thing they're not because I have forgotten to turn the strip off
first a couple of times when powering down the laptop and got the pops.
.

I can see what you mean about the timed strips, but I'm under the
impression the delay feature only worked during power up. However, I
can see where such a delay strip would be useful.