Posted to rec.audio.tech
Tim Schwartz[_2_] Tim Schwartz[_2_] is offline

Default Old Sony part by some miracle (Sony CDP-C10)

On 7/8/2013 2:40 PM, wrote:
C'mon... there's gotta be one of these parts layin' around on a desk somewhere.

Well, there may well be one out there (Sony #491740401) but finding it
is another story. You may be best off either buying a broken unit and
getting the part from it.(Of course if the gear is a common problem it
may be what's wrong with the parts machine too.) Or taking the gear to a
machine shop and having one made for you. I realize that that could
cost as much as the machine is worth, but if you really have an
emotional attachment to the machine, then do it.

Regards,
Tim
Bristol Electronics

His original post from April 2013:

New here and am looking for a motor gear for my Sony CDP - C10 cd
player. It's the small helical gear that sits on top of the motor.
(Part # 491740401) Does anybody happen to have one of these or know
where I could possibly find one? Am desperate to get this old gal
working again! TIA