Rick Brandt

"B. Peg" wrote in message
i had an mp3 player in my 99 accord and never look back at all

I got a Kenwood in mine (one of their first models of CD/Mp3 combo players).
Oddly, the thing skips more on CD's than MP3 files I've burned. After a
couple of years, the thing is skipping worse so the mechanicals are probably
wearing out or the laser/optics are kaput.

IMO MP3s are (predominantly) used in portables and in cars where the difference
between 128 and the lower compression rates is not going to be noticeable. One
of the BIG advantages of a car HU that plays MP3 encoded disks is that you can
get a dozen or more albums on one disk making a changer a completely obsolete
piece of equipment. No way would I want to give that up by going to larger
files.

For storing them on the PC...maybe.