Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Sander deWaal Sander deWaal is offline

Default Feedback

John Byrns said:

A cathode resistor is local feedback, and some even argue that a
triode has inherent feedback.

Strictly speaking that's an *unbypassed* cathode resistor but I know
what you're driving at.

That's what I meant, sorry.
It's njust not a habit of mine to bypass cathodes ;-)

I know of no (commercial) transistor amp that can work without loop
feedback.

It could be done though. It's simply not conventional to do so.

Wasn't it done about a year ago right here in this group, although it
wasn't commercial which I assume is the reason for the disclaimer.

Yup. I've tried it with BJTs, and even my hybrid (MOSFET out) amps
don't use global feedback for AC (there is a DC servo loop, though).

But commercially, I have not seen it.
Densen claimed they did it, but it turned out there *was* global
feedback in there..........

But we're digressing into silicon again, gentlemen, some readers will
punish us for that ;-)

--
"Due knot trussed yore spell chequer two fined awl miss steaks."