Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret Ludwig

Default Behringer Parametric DSPs vs the big boys - Tact T and Rives

Robert Morein wrote:
"MD" wrote in message
MINe 109 wrote:

[snip] Stephen
Thank you. Actually the newer/more expensive ($400) Behringer has
tones/mic. Why would my hand plotting be bad - in 1hz increments? I use
the radioshack meter. Unless the mic in the TacT is more linear?

The Radio Shack meter is just not adequate for what you want to do. The
reading depends upon the voltage from the battery, which declines the longer
the meter is turned on, recovering when the meter is turned off. Readings
from an RS meter are like blood pressure readings; they vary when, where,
why, and how you take them.

A pretty good rule of thumb is that if Radio Shack sells it there is
something wrong with it.