Sanitarium

Default Tweeter Mounting

Thats the tough part... you can remove the door panel and observe the
contour of the sheetmetal and take your best guess. But thats all it
really is, just an estimate.

When I worked for Toyota we would root-cause sheet metal panel defects
with "Colto-Flax". Its a type of detnal modeling clay that is soft but
dries solid after 15 minutes or so. When its dry it has the consistency
of a rubber pencil eraser. Best of all, it does not leave any sticky
mess behind.

So, remove the panel, place a soft lump of the stuff in there and
re-attach the panel. Let sit for 15 minutes and when its solid it will
dry to the contours of the body parts. From there you can get a good
idea of how much panel clearance you have.

Garrett

Mike Sims wrote:

Is there a way to determine weather the inside of the door molding has
enough room for a tweeter? Obviously I don't want to cut a hole in a
location, and then realize that it is too shallow after I put the
molding back on. And it is impossible to look inside the molding when
it is installed on the door.

Anyone done this before?

FYI: The car is a 1995 Nissan Sentra