Arny Krueger

"Bob Quintal" wrote in message
news:1120004997.1fd22f6facd992dbb44507a6afff2396@t eranews
"Arny Krueger" wrote in
:

Note that flipping the polarity is really quite different
from 180 degrees of phase shift. 180 degrees of phase

shift
implies a time delay, while flipping polarity does not.

The definition of phase does not require, nor even imply,

delay,.

phase: 1. Of a periodic, varying phenomenon, e.g., an
electrical signal or electromagnetic wave, any

distinguishable
instantaneous state of the phenomenon, referred to a fixed
reference or another periodic varying phenomenon.
http://www.its.bldrdoc.gov/fs-1037/dir-027/_3976.htm

How we read abstract definitions of a word in a term is not
binding on the meaning of the entire term.

An audio signal exists in the time-amplitude domain. We know
for sure that:

(1) Phase shift always changes audio signals.
(2) Phase shift need not change the over-all amplitude of an
audio signal.

Therefore, phase shift must change the timing of an audio
signal.

;-)