Ty Ford

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 13:57:35 -0400, My Last Sigh wrote
(in article ):

I am reading a book on studio tricks used to create bigger sounds in home
recording. One term mentioned is to dupe a track, and "flip the phase" of
the track. While I know what this meas technically, what does one do to
"flip the phase" on a digital recording? Is there a piece of hardware to
use, or should I try software, or what? Thanks.

There are many ways to do that, but the result is that if the stereo track is
ever played in mono (and you'd be surprised how often that happens) the
tracks will cancel each other out.

The early Yamaha DX7 keyboards had some great sounding stereo patches that
were made this way. People couldn't figure out why the keyboard parts
disappeared entirely from the mix when they checked for mono.

Regards,

Ty Ford

stuff are at www.tyford.com