Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default MIDI problems resolved

William Sommerwerck wrote:

Windows, unlike the Apple hardware and OS, is not a closed system. It's not
surprising some things are not easy or obvious. But at least you have a
computer that can be upgraded, and a wider selection of software.

It's not?

Even with OSX, I can look inside the kernel and I can see what applications
are doing with tools like ptrace. With Windows... about all you can do is
swap things out until it gets better because you have no actual view into
what the OS is really doing under the hood.

Hell, it took nearly a decade for people to reverse-engineer NTFS to the
point where anyone outside of Microsoft can really say they understand it.