LeBaron & Alrich

Default transporting good mics to/from location gigs

ScotFraser wrote:

Also check out the briefcase size Chinese made tool box at Home Depot. I
think it's $30, has an easily removed tool pallette inside & is aluminum
skin over luan/ply construction. Won't do well if it takes a lot of hits,
but for in town transit in your car, it's good enough. Holds about a a
half dozen Neumann cherry boxes.

That's almost exactly the same as the one from Lowe's, but last tiem I
compared (at the Reno stores) the Lowe's model had a slightly nicer
finish, and in particular, much nicer corner protectors, a bit less
clunky.

And yeah, I don't expect to take 'em into a war zone and have stuff
survive. But I've set up a few of them for grab 'n' go to certain gigs I
do regularly and don't want to have to pack for every damn time. Really
handy.

--
hank alrich * secret mountain
audio recording * music production * sound reinforcement