Joseph Oberlander

Default Energy C9 speakers

Srinath Alapati wrote:
Greetings everyone!

I auditioned the Energy C-9s last week and really liked them. They go
for $1300/pair. I plan to use them for mainly music and occasionally
for movies as two fronts.

Any opinions on these speakers and are there any others in this price
range that I should look into auditioning? I heard the athena audition
AS-F2 are pretty good.

Mirage makes a better speaker - same parent company. FRx-9. Has
an integrated subwoofer in each speaker.

Athenas are also very good. A pair of S2/P2 speakers(2-way top
and a small sub for each) The S3/P2 is even better, but costs a
bit over your budget.

Lastly, for ~$1350 if you haggle a little, you can get a pair of
Tannoy Saturn 8 speakers. These are much better - clean and
realistic midrange and high-end, decent bass. A pair of Saturn 6
towers sounds nearly identical, and are about $1200(figure $1100
real price).

My father's S8s are loud. Huge soundstage good for at least 30+ ft
of projection, plus no compression or distortion until you get
them far far louder than even movies would require. I play it a lot
louder than he does when watching a movie and the 110WPC amplifier
is still only putting out 10WPC to approach deafening levels.

Easily pummel the Energy/Mirage/Athenas in quality, though the
FRX-9 and Athenas have better bass due to the subwoofers.