John A. Weeks III

Default Ampzilla Hums! - Troubleshooting advice, please.

In article , Phil Anderson
wrote:

In short, it worked, I replaced the fan, I moved, and now it hums.

At the risk of sounding like some sort of electronics school exam:
How many possible hum sources are there in the above scenario, and
what can I do to troubleshoot them and/or rule some out?

It would be nice to rule the fan in or out right away. You can
probably run the amp for a short period of time without it. How
about disconnecting the fan, both wires, and see what happens.
If it still hums, then it wasn't the fan, and you likely have a
power or grounding issue.

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708
Newave Communications