Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Zoom H4n Replacement

In article , Mike Rivers wrote:
On 9/5/2019 1:14 PM, Michael Beacom wrote:
B&H and Swee****er list the TASCAM DR-44WL as 'Discontinued'. Has Tascam
discontinued it, or are they introducing a new model?

I asked about that at the TASCAM booth at InfoComm. They said that they
were still getting them, and there's no replacement planned, but that
some dealers have stopped selling them because they moved too slow.

Tascam really doesn't seem very heavily invested in that whole line, to be
honest. I asked about the 680 and the HS P-82 at the AES show, and they
said something to the effect that the film sound market was small and
saturated and it wasn't worth their time showing that stuff at trade shows.