Posted to rec.audio.high-end
rlichter rlichter is offline

Default Accuphase DP90 repair

The DP90 was designed with an electroluminescent backlight for the
"Accuphase" logo. I've had three of them burn out in the seven years or
so I've owned my DP90. Now, a decade since manufacture of the DP90
ended, the "official" USA repair shop in Gardena, California informs me
that the electroluminescent light is not dependable. But for a mere $200
plus shipping (making in my case a total of at least $300) they will
replace it with an LED mod. Any information or suggestions about this
mod, and how I can do it myself will be appreciated.