Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.repair,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.pro
clifto clifto is offline

Default QUESTION: JBL Speaker Rattle

EADGBE wrote:
They sound very good, but I am hearing
a slight rattle coming from one of the woofers.
The rattle is not very loud at all, and in fact
is almost inaudible most of the time. But you
can definitely hear it if you are listening to
certain things like a bass-heavy radio
announcer's voice or a soft piano solo.

I had that effect in some Pioneer speakers way back when because the foam
surround was coming loose from the cones. I would have sworn that the
voice coils were warped and touching the magnet cores.