Steven Sullivan

Default ABX debunked by Sean!!!

paul packer wrote:
On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 06:29:34 +0000 (UTC), Steven Sullivan
wrote:

So it would appear that specs do not define the sound quality of amps.
Thus all well-designed, similarly measuring amps do not sound the
same. Or am I mis-reading here?

Yes. *specs* are not the same as *measured performance*.

Well, I'll put that one in the basket with "stripping away 80% of the
signal does not reduce the energy of that signal at all". Something
for Arny to explain to me at length in Paradise, where we'll all have
a lot more time

Put on your thinking cap and ponder this mystery --
if specs 'define the sound quality' why do audio
magazines bother with bench tests?

--
-S
"The most appealing intuitive argument for atheism is the mindblowing stupidity of religious