Posted to rec.audio.pro
James Perrett James Perrett is offline

Default Studer Revox PR99 problem

On Wed, 20 Mar 2013 15:00:59 -0000, Scott Dorsey wrote:

wrote:

Thanks to all that have posted. I already know its not the end of tape
sens=
or and this model does not need a dummy plug in the remote socket as
the A7=
7s do

If it's like the B77 it does... the PR-99 is a B77 that has been sort of
upgraded for broadcast use, though, and it may not be.

I've never seen a B77 that has needed a shorting plug in the remote
socket. Mine certainly works without one - but it is a Mk2 so maybe the
Mk1's needed one.

It really sounds like there's something wrong with the photocell automatic
stop circuitry.

James.
--
http://www.jrpmusic.net