Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Studer Revox PR99 problem

wrote:

Thanks to all that have posted. I already know its not the end of tape sens=
or and this model does not need a dummy plug in the remote socket as the A7=
7s do

If it's like the B77 it does... the PR-99 is a B77 that has been sort of
upgraded for broadcast use, though, and it may not be.

The switch assemblies on the B77 are prone to breaking, though... and since
they are all one module they cannot be repaired per-se.... and they cannot be
replaced since Revox no longer stocks them. I would check the switch panel
and make sure the stop switch is good.

If that's good, your next step is to start tracing with the voltmeter.