Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Star Quad Cable Wiring (Canare)

Linda Masterson wrote:

-----------------------

May I clarify, my whole studio is wired with Canare star quad cable and
I have *zero* hum.

** You might as well have told us your studio is painted green and has zero hum.

However, I have two cables which were custom made with a TRS male
Switchcraft connector to two Neutrik XLRs for exactly like the situation
I have now except it was for a stereo output of an old Fender Princeton
Chorus and I have noticeable hum when I cranked the gain when I hooked
it up to the keyboard. Both cables. Maybe I had some hum back then and
didn't notice at the time. I am cranking gains now for test purposes.

** Guitar amps and consumer keyboards are rarely totally hum free devices.

With multiple earths and HP sockets in uses, some hum is a certainty.

Yes, in my second post in this thread I showed two links to insert
cables that I have tried with no hum when cranked. I wanted to use my
left over star quad cable which I have a lot of to build a cable.

** That last fact IS coming across.

..... Phil