Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Star Quad Cable Wiring (Canare)

Linda Masterson wrote:

How would I wire this with a single conductor? Remember I am wanting to split the signal into two 1/4" TS connectors for stereo. Headphone out to two TS 1/4".

Tip on the TRS to center conductor of wire 1 to tip of TS #1.
Ring on the TRS to center conductor of wire 2 to tip of TS #1.
Sleeve on the TRS to both shields to sleeves of both TS #1 and TS #2.

BUT..... your hum problem is almost certainly caused by a ground loop and
will continue no matter how it's wired, unless you can find a way to lift
the ground connections between the instrument and the console. A DI can
make this foolproof but you can likely do it using your existing cable
with pin 1 lifted on the XLR ends so the ground floats.