William Sommerwerck

Default Denon vs Yamaha receiver

I apologize for mis-remembering what I read.

The question could have been a bit more "specific," but it was NOT a vague
"which is best" question, which I detest. Sorry about that.

I should point out, however, that it's unlikely anyone in this group has had
direct experience with inexpensive AV receivers. Opinions are more likely to be
based on general impressions of Denon and Yamaha, or experiences with _other_
Denon and Yamaha products.

I'm looking to upgrade to a new Pro Logic II receiver and am undecided
between the Denon AVR-1603 or the Yamaha HTR-5550. I can get both
for the same price of $400 CAN. I haven't been able to compare the two
yet as they are sold by separate dealers where I'm from. Just wanted
to get the audiophile's opinion on this one. Thanks!