William Sommerwerck

Default Denon vs Yamaha receiver

However, note that I'm not saying that you are wrong in your statement
that that's all that Denon was offering, just that you are wrong in
assuming it, if you catch my drift. You could be correct, but I can't
find anything from that period that refers to the products that were
being imported. Denon certainly has *never* imported even *half* of
their line. A good portion stays in Japan, especially the *very* high
dollar stuff.

I'm merely speaking based on my knowledge of the Denon product mix
from the 80s on, *and* knowing the culture of the company. For a long
time during the late 80s, they shied away from lower end products, at
least in terms of their marketing push. They've *always* hung their
hat on the "higher end" market and have stayed away from the sort of
wide product mix that even Yamaha has covered.

Agreed on every point.

I don't remember "good" Denon stuff until the mid and late '70s. A search of
Audio and other hi-fi mags of that era would resolve the question, but I don't
have them at hand.