hawke

Default Denon vs Yamaha receiver

Uh huh... Check out this positive Yamaha RX-Z1 review

http://www.audioholics.com/productre...haRXZ1-p1.html

AH is one of the more popular [sans e-commerce] home theater review
websites. While it's not a magazine, according to Alexa.com it gets more
traffic than Sterophile.com and it doesn't have a magazine to market itself.

Your 25 year old pre-DVD experience notwithstanding, I have never heard of
Yamaha having a poor reputation, and we talk every week with reps from
Denon, Onkyo, Integra Research, Tannoy, Sherbourn and Marantz to name a
few...

A quick glance at any of the online audiophile forums will also confirm
this. No one dogs Yamaha except the elitists who listen to tube amps and buy
$5000 speaker wire so their 30 year-old LPs sound "fruity".

- Clint DeBoer
CD Media Website Design & Marketing
www.cdmedia.com

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
Don't even THINK about buying anything Yamaha. Get the Denon.

Why?

Because Yamaha has a terrible reputation. Few Yamaha products have ever

gotten
favorable reviews in the American audiophile magazines, whereas Denon and

Onkyo
products commonly do. Some of the worst-sounding surround products I

reviewed
for Stereophile were Yamaha.