Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Static electricity killed my NT5?

In article , Tim Sprout wrote:
Yes, I was tapping the case, the grille was not removed. I have put in a service
request to RODE. This mic has a ten year warranty. Neither the cardioid or omni
capsule work so I assume I will send in the mic body.

The truth is, you really can't protect the input stage of the mike (except
by using a tube instead of a fet), but there's a lot you can do to keep static
from getting to the input stage. Unfortunately, the Rode skips some of those
things, and it's maybe academic since nothing can help when the capsule itself
is off (or being replaced).

Thanks Scott and everyone for the helpful replies.

Tim never to repeat this mistake Sprout

This is what warranties are for! Rode has a good one and they are very good
about support!