Pooh Bear

Default Behringer vs. Peavey mixers

Scott Dorsey wrote:

tojo wrote:
no, I am not dissing out the churches, in fact, I know a lot of church
are using first rate stuff with experienced people handling the gig.
what I am saying is that Peavey are so good, in fact, they have to
rely on the religious marketing to keep survive.

Peavey really doesn't... they do sell into that market, but they sell mostly
into the MI market. They aren't like TOA, that pretty much only markets to
churches, or Crown, which started out marketing only to churches.

Peavey is a funny company. They make some really top-notch gear and they
make some total crap, and they try to sell it all the same way through the
same channels.

Yeah, I'd agree Peavey is indeed a funny company.

MI roots with aspirations ? might be a good description.

Just been to PLASA and kinda forgot that Crest is now in their domain. Now that
is high end stuff !

In comparison, Peavey's own gear is more pedestrian - yet they have nevertheless
done some interesting work on horn flares for example.

Never can work them out.

Yours, puzzled,

Graham