Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

Default Need help setting up recording studio

On Mar 26, 11:30 pm, wrote:
Thanks for your reply and for your good advice. I already own the
DM-24 and I am hoping I don't have to buy another interface to get
everything into my computer.

The reason I want to use the analog mixer
is just that I know how to get the sound I want using it. I guess it
probably doesn't make much sense to use the DM-24 as just a really
fancy interface, but is it possible to connect my analog mixer to the
DM-24 so that all the tracks will get into Cubase?

You're right, it makes no sense at all to do this, but if you insist,
you can use the bus outputs, or direct outputs if they're post-EQ,
from the analog mixer and connect those to the line inputs of the
DM-24. But if you want to mix your recorded tracks on the analog
console, I'm not sure if the DM-24 has routing that will let you take
an input from the computer and route it to a channel's direct output.
I suspect that the input from the Firewire card comes past that analog
connector.

Why do you want to keep the DM-24 if you're only going to use it as an
interface to your computer? Sell the DM-24 (if you can!) and buy a
nice analog multitrack recording console and as many channels of
Firewire interface as you need.