Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Bit Rate versus Sample Rate

On 5/19/2019 3:23 AM, James Price wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you provide a technical review for
Ethan Winer's book, 'The Audio Expert'? Do you recall a section in
that book titled 'Sample Rate and Bit Depth'? According to Winer, "The
intended audience is intermediate - to advanced-level recording
engineers".

I did the technical review of Ethan's book. I don't recall that section
or what it said. While I did make some suggestions about changes here
and there, it was Ethan who made the final decisions. If he wanted to
use the term "bit depth" I wasn't going to talk him out of it.

There's a second edition that I haven't seen.