Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] skybuck2000@hotmail.com is offline

Default Better FLAC player ? fast, good playlist, low cpu ?

Ok I wanna be fair to VLC Media Player so one more time the walkthrough for foobar2000:

1. Click file

2. Click new playlist

3. Click file

4. Click add folder

5. Click select folder

6. Click file

7. Click save playlist

8. Type playlist name

9. Click save

So it's actually 9 steps.

Still 4 steps shorter than VLC media player ! =D

What's kind ****ty about foobar2000 is the annoying "file" clicks...

Step 1, Step 3, Step 6,

So there are two unnecessary steps/clicks which could be avoided if there was a more thorough playlist wizard which specializes in creating playlist in one smooth go.

However in practice I don't mind these unnecessary steps yet... it does waste a lot of time though... so that's a shame. But it does allow one to check the playlist first before saving... and trying it out... playing... and while it plays you could save it.

However in the sake of time it would be nice if these steps were reduced from 9 to 7.

Maybe a future update of foobar2000 can reduce it further that be cool.

Another interesting idea of mine could be to introduce an "automatic" playlist creation tool/scanner.

Which simply scans the harddisk from a certain folder and perhaps even subfolders... and simply automatically creates a playlist per folder.

That would really float my boat for now =D

Or I would to develop such a feature myself.

In my next post I will examine VLC Media Player playlist contents vs that of foobar2000.

Bye for now,
Skybuck.