Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] pallison49@gmail.com is offline

Default Listed Specifications for Guitar Speaker Frequency Range

Mat Nieuwenhoven Google Monkey wrote:

wrote:

** You are making a very basic mistake.

Consider the following:

If you apply a noise voltage to a resistor and measure the current
flow with a wide band, true rms meter the formula "I squared R "
applies exactly.

If you add an ideal reactance in series with the resistor the
formula "I squared R " still applies since the resistor is the only power

dissipating item.

A speaker can be accurately modelled as several resistances in series
with a lossless reactive component, also in series. snip

Can it?

** Yep.

thought the "Wright emperical model" is the standard model
since 1990.
For interested readers, see
http://www.wavecor.com/Transducer_eq...nt_circuit.pdf for a 1 page
overview
or
https://www.researchgate.net/publica...pirical_Model_
for_Loudspeaker_Motor_Impedance

Wavecor specifically states that the traditional model does not do a
good job at non-low frequencies.

Mat Nieuwenhoven

** Any damn fool can use Google and find something that appears to differ from any statement of fact you care to mention.

This is no contradiction between the information in my post and what the above Google Monkey has found.

And in any case, he has not to the tiniest ****ing clue.

...... Phil