Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default repair broadcast distortion?

In article , JBI wrote:

Anyway, I am coming across at least one broadcast message that appears
to be overmodulated, very similar to clipping in audio. At first I
thought it was the way I was recording it, but even trying various
receivers in other locations, this one message overmodulates the
transmitter a bit. So the question is, can I fix these two or three
spots? With a digital recording, it would be a no brainer to provide
declipping fix, but this case is different because the clipping is
already present and not something I caused. I still have access to
Adobe Audacity CC 2018, but hurrying fast as the trial runs out

There are anti-clipping tools out there.... but if this is for archive
purposes, why would you want to do anything? It's what it originally
sounded like, it's what should be on the recording.

If this was the Venezuelan time station, it's often like that. Radio
Reloj can do some pretty peculiar things too. Maintenance is likely
kind of doubtful.