Posted to rec.audio.high-end
KH KH is offline

Default Of $90,000 turntables, Stradivarius violins, red wine, and blindfolds

On 4/19/2014 6:20 AM, Scott wrote:
On Wednesday, April 16, 2014 10:39:04 AM UTC-7, news wrote:
The subjectivist audio press comes out with endless prose and poetry about

what they hear in the latest products, but it is totally meaningless if it

is done under sighted conditions.

No, it is not "totally" meaningless. yes it is flavored with sighted bias. But honestly so are your personal perceptions of your own stereo. Does that make your perceptions meaningless? You have talked about those perceptions at length and have come up with some very unconventional beliefs on stereo playback based on those perceptions.

Not "totally", no, just meaningless if *audible* differences are your
only interest. I don't doubt that many, if not all, of us have used many
different factors in selecting our gear, including it's looks. But I
don't need a reviewer to wax poetic about how the gear looks, I need
only see a picture for that. I can research the manufacturer, and
obviously I can see the price, so the sound is really the only other
criterion of interest, and a subjective, sighted-only review won't
reliably provide that information. So..."essentially meaningless".

Keith