Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Audio-Empire Audio-Empire is offline

Default Of $90,000 turntables, Stradivarius violins, red wine, and blindfolds

In article , Walt
wrote:

Unless You Can Do It Blindfolded, Please STFU

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-dru...t-blindfolded-
please-stfu

(reacting to Gary's observation that the posting has been light lately,
thought I'd pass this one along...)

I've seen this discussion on another news group. I don't doubt for a
moment that many modern violins sound better and are easier to play
well than are the Cremona variety of the 16th century. In fact, I've
seen many an accomplished violinist state that the carbon-fiber
instruments from makers such as Luis & Clark beat everything when it
comes to loudness, purity of tone, ease and comfort of playing as well
as practical considerations such as ease of travel, environmental
stability (in that changes in temperature, humidity, altitude, etc.,
don't screw 'em up) etc.

Audio_Empire