Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Advice To Others Wanting to Build A Stereo System

Mike Rivers wrote: "For a given setting on the volume knob, a 4 ohm speaker may not
play as loud as an 8 ohm speaker,"

You're gonna have to break that down for me.

I always thought that, "For a given setting on the volume
knob, an 8 ohm may not play as loud as a 4 ohm", or, a
12 or 16ohm may not play as loud at that setting as an
8 ohm speaker.

Isn't a speaker with a higher ohm number on the back
next to its wire terminal supposed to be harder to drive,
(IE, you need to turn UP the volume), than one with a
lower ohm value in back?