nuke

Default Apple defends tests

Nahh, Apple's most likely completely used to the situation. It spans back to
the days of the SE30, then the MacII-FX, the first generation PowerPC systems,
the first G3, the intro of Altivec. All of these systems were top performers in
their day, compared to anything in the x86 world.

The reality is you can't list a benchmark without someone saying, "yeah but..."

With the complexity of today's computers, it's really difficult to answer the
question, "How fast is it?" The answer will always start, "depends on what you
do with it."

So when it is your stage, you show it the way you see it. Doesn't really matter
what you say or do, someone will **** and moan about it.

But the test methods are all completely disclosed, it's not like they ran in
and laid claim to baseless figures. You can argue it until the cows come home,
but the only thing you can come away with is that the G5 is pretty darn fast.

Apple is getting no more flak than anybody else would for taking the
same, extreme "liberties" in their benchmarks. Like I said before, the
PC community is benchmark obsessed. Therefore, the scrutiny is extreme.
I don't think Apple has had to play by the same rules in the Apple
community, so this level of reaction seems like a shocker to them. It's
not. It's completely normal in the PC community. BRBR

--
Dr. Nuketopia
Sorry, no e-Mail.