Posted to rec.audio.tech
Steven Liburd Steven Liburd is offline

Default Vinyl vs. CD audio level

Peter Larsen wrote:
Karl wrote:

"Richard Crowley" wrote in message

The OP said that he wanted them as "loud" as his CD-
sourced tracks. Seems unlikely that will happen without
compression equivalent to the CDs.

Yeah, I understand. But I assume he has a volume control. I wonder if
he wants them as loud once he understands the trade-offs.

I haven't seen him confirm that he does understand them, but I may have read
carelessly.

To quote myself from earlier in this thread (I'm the OP):

"If it looks like I can't get the levels to match without sacrificing
some sound quality in the LP conversion, then I'll just have to live
with manually changing the volume when needed"

==steven