Doug Schultz

"Walther" wrote in message
Hello everybody,

(me again...) _good_ news: I got the little amp up and running!

After I had followed all the precautions you advised me to,
e. g. a 25W lightbulb in series (and an amperemeter) - I was
courageous enough to switch it on - nothing happened (33V).

With a 60W bulb I had 185mA current - and a hardly audible
click came from the speaker. 100W - and there came music
from both speakers... I finally omitted the lightbulb.

Only then I placed the speakers (braun L550, about 1970 -
just at hand for testing) into a stereo position, and
me in the middle - and off I went listening for hours...

My source: a cheap AIWA portable CD player.

OK, I have no direct comparison yet... but my impression
is indeed: that amp is _fantastic_!

Horowitz in Moscow: with eyes closed I had the impression of
sitting backstage near the Steinway (must be quadro to have
the coughs of the audience from behind).

A CD from a jazz trio I happen to know personally named
Swinger Club - Monsters of Jazz. Up with volume and the
sound is not much far from being right in front of a gig.

CanŽt say where this comes from, without high-level speakers.
Maybe it is just that: a simple but efficient two-way speaker.

One thing is for su I will keep this amp, at least until
a better one shows up. Next action will be to compare directly
with half a dozen others and a little audience invited.

IŽll post their vote here then! And add more pictures to
http://www.in4tec.de/PICS/RADFORD/luckyfind.html.

Wish I could add authentic audio there...

Cheers!

Walther

Congrats Walther.
I really love stories like that.
keep up the website as you integrate this thing into your system.
its fun for me to read about others getting things to work.
one Day I will have to learn how to make a website and get the pics of my
rig up there.

Doug