Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio

Default The damping factor and the sound of real music

In article ,
Bob Latham wrote:
Okay, that was unfair but you're not going to get deep bass from an open
backed speaker unless its huge. Anyone know the -3db point on Quad
electros? I think my KEFS (TEB) are -2db at 38Hz.

IIRC with the '57s 42 Hz springs to mind. Low enough for the lowest
fundamental from most traditional musical instruments except for some
organs and bass drums.

FWIW what most thing of as deep bass is nothing of the sort but centred
around 100 Hz.

--
*Some days you're the dog, some days the hydrant.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.