Roger W. Norman

Default Can I PLEASE get a straight answer on modifying a Cr02 Type II tape for

**** it, better to order real DCC tapes and be done with it. I'm almost
willing to erase all my old, only use once tapes (yeah, right) and sell them
to him for pennies on the dollar to shut him up. It reminds me of us
cutting knotches in 5 1/4" floppies so we could get another 180 KB of
storage from the backside but the cost of actually getting some DCC tapes
that will record for 45 minutes per direction is less than those 5 1/4"
floppies at the time. At least we had a real financial interest.

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio

"Mike Rivers" wrote in message

In article eed.com

writes:

I don't have a DCC tape to compare to a regular chrome tape.

Can someone PLEASE give me possibly a link to a website with a
tutorial (and possibly pics) for doing this?

We do Google. You can do Google. If someone hasn't pointed you to a
web site within about fifteen seconds of your post, there isn't one.
Nor do I expect there to be.

Look at the transport. Do you see something that might want to poke
into a notch in a cassette? If you do, put a notch there. I'll bet if
you poke at things, you can see an indicator change, indicating that
there's a digital tape inserted.

Or if someone can reffer me to a picture of a modified tape, even
better!

Maybe it would be best to find a picture of a real tape and copy that.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers - )