jon s.

Default Question about Speaker Stands or Mounts

Hello all,

I have a question about speaker stands or mounts. I have grown quite
attached to my Spica TC-50's, "wedge" shaped bookshelf speakers, about
20 years old. They are currently on the floor.

We have a baby at home who will soon be crawling & learning to walk.
I'm concerned that he will fall into the speakers & rip the cones, so
I want to get them off the floor.

Are speaker stands sturdy? I'm concerned that he would pull the stands
down on himself and really get hurt.

I was also thinking of mounting them to the wall, but it would look
pretty hideous. Also, due to the "wedge" shape, they would be pointing
at the ceiling!

Can anybody offer any advice in this department?

Thanks!

Jon in NJ