Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] pallison49@gmail.com is offline

Default Listed Specifications for Guitar Speaker Frequency Range

Mike Rivers wrote:

wrote:

** The topic is measuring*power dissipation* so resistance is everything.

Oh, so we've been arguing about something that's a "who cares?" Do you
want to use a speaker to heat your house? Or keep your coffee warm? Or
do you want to know when the glue holding the voice coil together will
melt?

** A simple way to measuring heat dissipation in a loudspeaker seems like a worthwhile task, for one thing it would allow precise power limiting in high powered applications.

Sorry for misunderstanding the question. Probably you (Phil) are the
only one to take an irrelevant question, answer it literally, and argue
with all who tried to get to what the original question really was about.

** One again, it would behove Mr Rivers to actually read a ****ing thread, once in a while, before mindlessly slandering the folk involved.

FYI:

While discussing the meaning of the term "applied watt" - Don Pearce claimed it was impossible to measure the power dissipated in a speaker driven with a random noise test signal. I pointed out it was actually quite easy and explained how using either of two simple means.

OTOH Mr Rivers self serving opinion on the original question was so far out of touch with reality is might as well have come from the man in the moon..

Do have a nice day.

...... Phil