Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

Default It Does Not Have to be Expensive....

I was asked to bring a "system" into the office for seasonal music. Casting about the Radio Room, I came up with:

AR tuner
AR integrated amplifier
Dynaco A35 speakers
Sony 200-disc CD changer
Ramsey FM100B FM-stereo transmitter

This has been playing now since Monday at 7:00 am.

Funny thing about the AR tuner: this is a modern steel-and-glass building with corrugated decking between floors. The unit is in the core of the building, perhaps 40' from the nearest window, and the building core is between it and the local antenna farm. I am using a simple $2 dipole antenna. It is receiving flawlessly, where no other radios but for my Zenith RD7000Y are getting anything at all.

I am rebroadcasting on a local open frequency (91.9), and now all those deaf radios are playing.

The sound is rather good as well. I am surprised at how well the Dynaco speakers are doing in a large open space. It is also interesting to note that there are only three people in the office older than the AR equipment.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA