Posted to rec.audio.high-end
C. Leeds C. Leeds is offline

Default The end of R.A.H-E

On 2/10/2017 5:39 PM, RAHE Moderator wrote:
Today is February 10, 2017. There have been no posts in the
rec.audio.high-end newsgroup since December 2016.

We have a few options, and I will lay them out.

1. Close the newsgroup.

This is effectively what has happened anyway. If selected, I will
send a notice to various people r.a.h-e is now dead, and some
servers will stop carrying it. Others won't. Without a live moderator,
no more messages will ever appear.

I'm sorry to say that closing the group is probably the best option. This
was once a vibrant community, but of course that was a long while ago.
Competition from other sites surely helped accelerate the decline here, and
the aging of usenet itself is certainly another factor.