Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Need in/on ear monitoring for elderly church service?

In article ,
Danny ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~ wrote:
There are some systems I have seen where a church will check out
personal monitoring for elderly/hard of hearing folks. I assume there
is one transmitter and several monitors - Who makes them and what
should be looked for in them to make it work for everyone?

There are IR systems, RF systems, and the loop.

The Sennheiser IR system is very popular. But, a lot of people won't wear
the headsets because they don't want people to know they are hard of hearing.

The induction loop requires minimal equipment but it requires more careful
engineering. It relies on the users having hearing aids with pickup coils
that can pick up the induced magnetic field from the loop. Since many
people have hearing aids that are fairly concealable they are more apt to
use them. But, this means people without hearing aids are out of luck.